posted on 2006-10-04
1. Microsoft Exchange - Backs up and restores Exchange Server granularly at the folder level, while Exchange is running. Theres no need to shut down the Exchange server for either backups or restores. This is a standard feature at no additional charge.
2. SQL Server - RBackup backs up and restores SQL Server databases while they are in use, so theres no need to shut down the SQL Server. This is a standard feature at no additional charge.
3. BitBackup substantially reduces the amount of time it takes to back up files, and saves storage space on the RBS Sever. It backs up only the parts of files that have changed since the previous backup. BitBackup also operates in Differential Mode.
4. Faster - This release prepares files for backup from 2x to 16x faster, depending on file types. It adds a much faster local file copy function that significantly speeds up the BitBackup process by speeding up the process it uses to update its local data store. It also loads files faster when flagged during Restore.
5. Client Branding and Customization Utility We have completely replaced the old "Customize Client Installer" utility with one that does ALL Client software customization and rebranding in one very slick, easy to use interface. Among other things, this eliminates the need to manually edit .INI and .REG files.
6. Single .EXE Client Installer After you have finished branding and customization of the Client software, you can press a key to create a branded single file .EXE installer that you can distribute by email, the Internet, or your local network.
7. Remote Management System - New server-side Management System to manage clients remotely. You can remotely manage Client Locks, Backup Schedules and other Reporting functions.
8. Delete Files From Server Option - This Option enables the user to manually delete files from the server that they think are unnecessary.
9. Threshold Connections - Limits the number of simultaneous client connections allowed on the server for Load Balancing. This feature can be used along with the Clients Server Failover function to help support clustered servers.
10. New Exception Reporter - Exceptions encountered during a backup are now reported through the system tray application. When an exception is encountered, the system tray icon blinks with a yellow exclamation mark. Exceptions include Missed Backups, Failed Backups, and Backup Exceptions.
11. Delete Backup Set - When deleting a backup set from the client, you can now optionally delete the backed up files for that set from the RBS Server.
12. Delete BitBackup Reference files when changing backup type - When switching backup type from BitBackup, client now prompts to delete the BitBackup Reference Files from the local Data Store.
13. Copy to Disk Authentication - In previous versions, while running Copy To Disk backup the client needed to be connected to the server throughout the operation. Now the client needs to authenticate with the server only once initially and continues to backup locally even if the server goes offline.
14. Encryption Key Print Form - The format is now changed to accommodate custom label fields so you can add your own customized form information.
15. New Browse Option - Browse options are now added for Rbackup Temp path, and BitBackup Reference paths under Backup Preferences tab of client Options.
16. Delete Files from Server has been added to the Client Locks.